Why I support #DonaldTrump
I could change my mind but, at this time, I would vote for #DonaldTrump because:
Of the leading candidates, Donald Trump is best on #immigration. Immigration is the most important issue because it determines all other issues.
A recent example, a leftist professor boasts how #Immigration will destroy the #2ndAmendment and our right to own firearms. http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/10/20/washington-post-op-ed-cheers-mass-immigration-will-destroy-nra-second-amendment/
Ann Coulter: If Immigration Continues Like This, ‘We Will Have 100 Years Of Obamas’
“The American people are being out-voted, we can’t win anything, if immigration, legal and illegal … continues the way it has been going, we are looking at 100 years of President Obamas, and an entire Supreme Court of Ruth Bader Ginsbergs.”
The War On America Turns 50, by #AnnCoulter
“Obama beat Romney by less than 5 million votes in a presidential election in which about 125 million votes were cast. More than 30 million of Obama’s votes came from people who arrived under Teddy Kennedy’s immigration law; fewer than 10 million of Romney’s did.”
Please see all of the Rep and Dem prez candidates’ #Immigration grades and positions at:
#DonaldTrump earns an “A-“. #TedCruz gets a “B-” [good on illegal immigration, bad on legal immigration]. #JebBush gets a “C-“. #CarlyFiorina earns a “D”. #MarcoRubio gets a “D-” barely above #HillaryClinton’s (aka #FirstGrifter’s) “F”.
I am not totally satisfied with #DonaldTrump’s immigration plan. He does not go full #AnnCoulter, 10 year moratorium on legal immigration. However, #DonaldTrump is the best we have at this time.
[I hoped that #DonaldTrump’s immigration plan and success would cause other #Rep candidates to adopt more pro American worker, pro American taxpayer immigration policies. Thus far, that has not occurred.]
- A brick through the window of the #RulingClass.
More than any other candidate, #DonaldTrump is a brick through the front window of the corrupt, incompetent, authoritarian, “do as we say and not as we do” #RulingClass.
Norman Lear said of #DonaldTrump:
“I want to believe that the American people are holding up Donald Trump as they might their middle finger and they’re giving the middle finger to the establishment, to all of us – left and right – because they are badly served by the establishment. We are a culture of excess. That’s our biggest product: excess. In everything. He is excessively assholian. I think the American people understand that and this is their way of saying, ‘This is how you’re taking care of us? You leaders? Take this.’ Then they give us Donald Trump.”
- It would be hard for him to do worse.
It would be hard for #DonaldTrump to do worse at governing than the corrupt, incompetent, authoritarian, “do as we say not as we do” #RulingClass.
- Trump has proven his ability to win and get things done in complicated business/political environments like NYC.
“Back in June, when the city’s bungled, six-year effort to renovate the Wollman Ice-Skating Rink in Central Park was $12 million over budget with no end in sight, real-estate tycoon Donald Trump stepped forward.
Just give the project to me, he said, and I’ll finish the rink by Christmas. This Christmas. And for free.
“I have total confidence that we will be able to do it,” Trump said at the time. “I am going on record as saying that I will not be embarrassed.”
Yesterday morning, in a gala ceremony down in the sunken, tree-shrouded gulch just off Central Park South, Trump unveiled his completed rink – the ”largest man-made skating rink in the world,” glistening with a mirror- perfect sheath of virgin ice.
He was two months ahead of schedule, and $750,000 under budget.”
To be so successful, #DonaldTrump had to build teams of people with expertise he did not have.
- #DonaldTrump is unafraid. He has the quality William Buckley said of #RonaldReagan. “He’s the only man I ever met who doesn’t care what the New York Times says about him.”
- Trump’s tax plan.
While I prefer a total flat rate tax, Trump’s tax plan is pretty good.
- I agree with #DonaldTrump on Syria. There are no good guys. Stay out of this one and no “Syrian” #Refugees” in America.
- I understand his various and varied positions in the past. However, I agree with almost everything he says policy wise today.
I understand his various and varied positions in the past. Part of that may have been trying to be successful in business in areas like New York City controlled by very liberal Democrats. Part of it may have been focus on his business rather than studying political matters. However, today, I agree with almost everything he says policy wise.
If he is elected president, I suspect he will do some things that we conservatives do not like, and he may be more ideologically flexible than we like. However, how much trust and confidence can we put in any of the candidates? I am prepared to take the ideological risk for the other reasons discussed in this post.
- #DonaldTrump is a dedicated American patriot.
#DonaldTrump is many things including egotistical, a showman, he likes the limelight and fame, and he is sometimes course. He is obviously smart.
However, well I cannot prove it, I believe #DonaldTrump is running for president because he is a dedicated American patriot, he sees bad things happening to the country, and he genuinely wants to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain.
- #DonaldTrump believes and has the courage to call out the #GlobalWarming hoax.
- #DonaldTrump wants to reign in the #EPA, arguably the most dangerous agency or department of the government to our liberty, republic and economy. Most #Reps are afraid to attack the #EPA.
- I think he stands a good chance of being elected if nominated because:
- His pro American worker immigration and trade policies will appeal to normally Democrat private sector union workers and Blacks. In some polls, #DonaldTrump has 25% of the Black vote.
- Other than the Establishment, I think he can unite most of the Reps and conservatives as well as any of the candidates. The polls show he is drawing support from all sectors of the Rep party. A recent poll combining 1st and 2nd choices put #DonaldTrump over 50%.
- Because he will self finance, he can use the slogan #CantBeBought.
- He is getting better as a candidate, eg his interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday. Chris Wallace is an establishment shill, but #DonaldTrump handled them easily.
- His strong personality will grate on some, but I think his personality will attract more than he loses. In the panel discussion after Wallace’ interview with #DonaldTrump, Chris Wallace, who had previously been strongly against #DonaldTrump, said he could see #DonaldTrump winning the election.
- Please see this clip with Giuliani and O’Reilly and Giuliani’s near endorsement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HfX40w4pYI Many foreign leaders like or are open to #DonaldTrump because they think he will be a strong leader.
- And, http://politichicks.com/2015/10/the-continuing-mystique-of-donald-trump/
- #DonaldTrump is ahead of #HillaryClinton nationally and in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania was not even close the last two elections. I think this is due to #DonaldTrump’s pro American worker trade and immigration policies.
- If #DonaldTrump wins Pennsylvania, that indicates so many other states will go for Trump that the Electoral College vote may not even be close.
- The other half of #CantBeBought should be #WontBackDown
- #MakeAmericaGreatAgain is another great marketing slogan, and political campaigns are about marketing. It also shows #DonaldTrump understands the election is about more than specific policies.
- Please see “Clown Genius” by Scott Adams. “If you’re keeping score, in the past month Trump has bitch-slapped the entire Republican Party, redefined our expectations of politics, focused the national discussion on immigration, proposed the only new idea for handling ISIS, and taken functional control of FOX News. And I don’t think he put much effort into it. Imagine what he could do if he gave up golf.” http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius#ixzz3iwhe1pSJ
- Angelo Codevilla wrote about #DonaldTrump [although he does not support Trump], http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/does-trump-trump-angelo-codevilla-on-our-present-moment.php
“Many voters feel under assault by every single major institution and look at Trump as someone who will take their side.”
“Donald Trump leapt atop other contenders for the Republican presidential nomination when he acted on the primordial fact in American public life today, from which most of the others hide their eyes, namely: most Americans distrust, fear, are sick and tired of, the elected, appointed, and bureaucratic officials who rule over us, as well as their cronies in the corporate, media, and academic world. Trump’s attraction lies less in his words’ grace or even precision than in the extent to which Americans are searching for someone, anyone, to lead against this ruling class, that is making America less prosperous, less free, and more dangerous.”
Codevilla also wrote:
They [the ruling class] fear the rise of an un-intimidated leader more graceful and precise than Trump, someone whose vision is fuller but who is even more passionate in championing the many resentments the voicing of just a few channeled so much support to Trump.”
“The 2016 election is simple; the person who runs on the platform ‘Who do they think they are?’ will win.”
Unless and until someone better comes along, GO TRUMP!!!
[I am writing or myself only and not the Redlands Tea Party Patriots.]
“The most important political office is that of the private citizen.” Justice Louis D. Brandeis
“We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.” Ronald Reagan
“I never worry about action, but only inaction.” Winston Churchill
“If there is something about government you don’t like, get together and do something about it.” Howard Jarvis
“It is always too soon to give up.” Pastor Jack Hibbs
Gregory W. Brittain, Attorney at Law
Redlands Tea Party Patriots Cabinet Member
Unite IE Board Member
707 Brookside Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373
909-335-7335; Fax: 909-335-7337; Cell: 909-327-8813